Menu Plan Monday - 3.14.2010


While I am still joining Laura over at OrgJunkie.com this week, I am doing something a little bit differently with my menu planning. Over at Organizing Your Way they have a great contest going on that involves a menu planning website - PlantoEat.com Anyway, I really want to win this one - I really love the way the site integrates so smoothly with AllRecipes.com  Each of my recipes this week, except for one, come from AllRecipes. I signed up for the 30-day trial at PlantoEat.com and added these recipes so I could try it out.

Here is this weeks plan:


Monday: Chili Mac (this one has no recipe link - I just wing it - it was on last week's menu plan but I didn't get around to making it, so I still have all the ingredients)
Tuesday: Southwest Chicken Quesadillas
Wednesday: Corned Beef and Cabbage (slow cooker style just for Crockpot Wednesday)
Thursday: Southwest Chicken Salad (you probably think I am southern now...)
Friday: Cabbage Rolls (gotta use up all that cabbage I got at .19 per lb)
Saturday: St. Patrick's Colcannon (using up more leftovers for this one!)

My husband commented tonight that he is just amazed at how good I have been cooking lately. I am passing credit on to my fellow bloggers who have inspired me to plan my menu each week as well as to cook from scratch more. Also, I must credit AllRecipes.com for providing easy to use and quite tasty recipes. Not only is my cooking skill getting better but my food budget is coming more under control - or at least it feels like it. I still have yet to fully monitor my food budget for an entire month (baby steps!)



Enter The Contest


One last push here...this Friday marks the end of my AllRecipes contest. So far I have only one entrant, Rona from BerryMorins Bits and Tips - if no one else joins she will get the prize as there is nothing random about only one. If your interested in trying out AllRecipes.com with a supporting membership - I am giving away one full 2-year membership this Friday. Get your entries in by midnight (CST) Thursday (March 18, 2010) and give Rona a little competition! All you have to do to enter is make a comment on the contest post linked above and answer the questions I posed (found on that same page).

Don't forget to stop in at OrgJunkie.com and view other great menus - then join up as Laura is giving away a Taste of Home Casserole Cooking Magazine this week!

Comments

  1. My corned beef and cabbage are cooking away in the crock pot as I type. It smells soooooooo good! Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day and come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts