Menu Plan Monday 03.01.2010

 

It's time again for Menu Plan Monday! 
Be sure to visit OrgJunkie.com for more great menus!

I finally did it! Last week I made all the meals on my list! We had some really good recipes and some not so good ones. My crockpot meal from last week tanked....but I think it was due to my own mistakes and a few recipe issues (it called for a whole tablespoon of black pepper which is way to much for this family). If you noticed, I bought some Barry Farms products through Amazon.com. They are super products but as with every new spice/seasoning/bullion you buy, you should really do a taste test before you rely to heavily upon it. The chicken bullion powder that I purchased has a really intense flavor that I wasn't expecting. I used this ingredient in my cream soup base and now all of my cream soups have a very strong flavor of chicken. It appears that the chicken bullion is twice as strong as other brands - I will be only using half a serving when its requested in future recipes. Do you use Barry Farm Foods? Where do you get your recipes for using their products? Would love to hear from anyone that has tried them out.

This week's menu goes like this:

Monday - Broiled Tilapia Parmesan and Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Tuesday - Country Chicken Casserole and Homemade Biscuits
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli
Thursday - Tuna Casserole and Garlic Bread
Friday - Fideo (Mexican Spaghetti), Black Beans and Sweet Corn Muffins
Saturday - Breakfast for Dinner (French Toast, Scrambled/Fried eggs, and Hash Browns)




"One’s own self or material goods, which has more worth?" - unknown

Comments

  1. Looks like a week of deliciousness ahead:) Come post your crock pot recipe to Crock Pot Wednesday this week. I would love for you to join me for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!

    Everything looks good this week, I can't wait to hear how they all turn out. I might actually have to make the broccoli cheese casserole tonight because it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The broccoli cheese casserole was delicious. I also loved the tilapia recipe. It was extremely flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of yummy meals planned this week.

    I really enjoyed reading about your meal feedbacks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts