Emeals & things

Since I posted my PSA about the zucchini lasagna... I have learned a few things.  

I shared my PSA on facebook and got several suggestions that were worth sharing with my readers.  I have not yet tried these methods... but I fully plan to, someday.

First off, if this all seems like too much work - which it kinda does to me - skip making a lasagna and just make zoodles. With that said, I still want to give these ideas a shot - when I have the time to dedicate to playing in the kitchen.

  • My aunt J suggested that you salt the slices generously and let them sweat out all the liquid for 15 minutes.  Then wrap the slices in a dish towel and squeeze or wring out the excess moisture.
  • Cousin E said, or use a salad spinner (which I do have and sounds so much easier than wringing them out). She said she also cooks them on a stove top grill to give it a roasted flavor and continues to deplete the moisture out that way as well.  Gives the lasagna a roasted flavor.
I love both ideas... and both seem legit enough to try.

On to Emeals...

Today is the last day of my 2 week free trial.  I must say there are things I really like about the whole experience.  
  • Makes following a healthy food lifestyle plan much easier. I started out with the Keto for 2 and moved on to Low Carb.  No idea if I have lost any weight, but that really wasn't my goal - it was more to see if the plans were doable. And they are... mostly.
  • For pickup shopping, its a breeze! I love that it coordinates with Walmart and that I can add to my order on the fly.  I just wish Walmart here had better pickup windows - or more of them. If I order on the day the plans come out (Wednesday for me) - I can't really use the plans for that week - as often times it takes a day or two before there is an opening to pick up the groceries. Also, I like to prep on the weekend - so I start my meal plans on the Monday following - giving me prep time. So I plan a week later... kinda works out great.
  • Their support phone was helpful.  The day before the end of my trial I received a sweet 70% off deal via email that I just could not pass up.  It was a Sunday - so that meant I could not just switch as I HAD to call to get them to apply the deal - there was no option to use a code (or at least none that I could find)  And the code expires today. The lady on the support call was happy to help, she signed me up for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it cost less than I originally planned to pay for just dinner!  
That code is BIGGEST22.  

If ya want to sign up.  I don't get anything from this link, however you have to click it TODAY - 1/17/22

Well, thats all for now! Talk soon!

Comments

Popular Posts