I'm Still Alive and Kick'n

Hi all! I am still here. I have gotten out of the habit of doing a Menu Plan Monday post each week - mainly because I am not cooking as much as I used to. My husband and son do the majority of the cooking since I am at work during the evening. This past week my hubby made spaghetti Sunday night and then Thursday evening  my son baked chicken thighs in the oven, served with green beans, corn, and a baked potato. The rest of the week they munched on leftovers and Ramen Noodles. Last night my hubby and I put together a roast in the crock pot and had beef stew today - it sure was delicious. I spent the night at my daughter's new place one night this week to save on the dreaded gas bill - driving 30 miles one way to work gets costly as prices rise. We had a delicious frozen pizza and hot wings.

Other than that, my weeks have been somewhat busy. My days are filled with my grand daughter or paper crafting, when I am not at work. I do have a cake to bake next week for my great nephew's birthday - I believe it will be a GI-Joe cake.  If you haven't seen the cakes I have made in the past, you can view them on my facebook profile. I really love baking and decorating cakes but I can't do it very often because I end up eating too much sugar while making the icing and such! Not good, I know... but I JUST CAN'T RESIST. I love butercream icing - which is why I decided to switch gears and hobbies. Paper crafting is much less fattening!

I am also looking into joining a stamping company called Stampin' Up. As a Stampin' Up demonstrator I can earn money while having fun with my hobby - I love making cards and one day I hope to be good enough to sell them - until then, I hope I can find some like-minded individuals to enjoy learning stamping and card making with me. What I love most about Stampin' Up products is the fact that the paper and inks are color coordinated. So if you use Rich Razzleberry paper for a background you can accent it by stamping your sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink or using a ribbon dyed with that same ink.  Having everything color coordinated for me helps ensure that I don't screw that up!

So far I have learned a lot of stamping/card making techniques - including dry embossing, heat embossing, die cutting, and flower creation using paper and plastics. Its been tons of fun. I joined a site called Paper Craft Planet where I participate in monthly RAK's - aka Random Act of Kindness. A RAK is where two people are assigned to swap cards, scrapbook pages, embellishments and papers, etc.  Its tons of fun and I send stuff all over the world - so far I have sent stuff to Africa. My March RAK will be shipping Monday - one package goes to New Zealand and another to Scotland with a final one going out to Maryland USA.

Here's a slide show of all the cards and stuff I have posted on PCP so far.



I hope you enjoy - and if paper crafting is something your into - please come by and visit my sister blog - Shack Scraps. Thanks for reading - hope you have a wonderful week coming up!

Comments

Popular Posts