New Years Resolutions and Other Thoughts....

Well...It's January and this is my first post of 2011 - and it happens to be almost the middle of the month.....I really do want to post more often, but I get so caught up in life that sometimes its really hard to get on the computer as often as I would like. So tonight, I am playing catch up....please bare with me. 

Below are a few of the items that are sure to be taking up my time during 2011 - so most of my resolutions are related to these items.

Scrap Booking/Card Making
I have found a new hobby...slightly expensive but its really very fun. I decided to get into scrap booking/card making because as it stands, I am stuck sharing my computer with my son - and he will be on it more frequently, you will see why further down in this post. I had to find something - other than cake decorating and cooking as those are not conducive to weight loss - you really do need to taste what your cooking and baking or it just doesn't work out so well. Also, I am the world's worst at sending cards, be it birthday, holiday, or even thank you cards. I am hoping that creating my own cards will help me to want to share them with family and friends more. And last but not least, I have a grand daughter now and she is soooo photogenic....enough said!

Here are the first scrapbook pages I have created digitally and a digital card I made for my son. Hope you enjoy!

Turtle Babies

Kitty Kisses

Going off to College


Exercise and Weight Loss
I have to get back into the swing of working out on the Wii and sticking to a more balanced diet- anything I had lost before has come back with a vengeance. I can not diet during the holidays...it just doesn't work for me with all the baking and yummy dinners and such...We really have to start sticking with a diabetic diet too. I have had several instances of my blood sugar being too high. I wouldn't have ever known if my husband hadn't insisted on checking it. He recognized my symptoms as he has them daily. One diabetic in the family is enough! I have to get control over my weight problem.

Posting More on My Blog
My youngest starts college tomorrow. I am totally excited for him! I have been running around trying to help him get things together...he will be living at home and going to a 2-year community college. He is studying computer programming and I think he is totally psyched about it. He has had his head stuck in his books since he got them last Thursday. I fully expect to be kicked off the PC much more. Though, his morning M-W-F classes start at 9 a.m. and I will be driving him until the weather warms - so I may be able to fit a few posts in early in the morning. I resolve to try to get more posts in during 2011.

Money and Moving
We are planning to find a more economical place to live when our lease is up coming in March. Luckily our lease is a middle of the month lease which means we will have about 17 days to get moved should we find a place that will let us move in on the 1st.  My goal in 2011 is to tighten our household expenses as much as possible. Moving away from the 20,000 daily train drive-bys will be heaven all by itself!

Writing More
I want to write my own cookbook...or at least I think I do. More though, I really want to compile our favorite recipes into a book to help make menu planning less of a chore. I really do enjoy cooking. I also need to follow through with my menu planning each week as doing so really frees up my time for all of the other things. My goal in 2011 is to create a menu (and stick to it as much as possible) each week. Several ladies are doing a pantry challenge...I don't have a huge stock of food, but it would be nice to save some money right after Christmas - I am thinking of joining them. So far this month we have spent less than $100 on food - I would like to try not to spend any more this month but I know we will run out of milk. My guys are big milk drinkers.

Well, that's my list for 2011...now I have to go cut my son's hair and get to bed...8 a.m. comes pretty early to us night owls!





Comments

  1. Your scrap book page & card is lovely.
    What a cute baby, you must be very proud x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts