Vacation at Mom's - be back Sunday!

The rest of this week I will be vacationing at my mom's house. She has been real sick lately and is looking at possible brain surgery for aneurysms. If its not one thing with her, its another. She has crohn's disease and has had a colostomy for the last 10+ years, last year she was put on intravenous nutritional supplements after having another bowel surgery. It is my plan to spend as much quality time with her as I possibly can - dunno how much longer I will be blessed with her presence. Please keep her in your prayers.

We have a fun filled weekend planned - finishing a diaper cake and baking a formal cake for my daughter's baby shower this Saturday, as well as I will be getting a few sewing lessons from a real pro. I am hoping to get her house cleaned up in preparation for the shower as well as after the shower is over. Gonna bring a few movies along as well - we have had Planet 51 for over 2 weeks now and I still haven't gotten to watch it. I am really looking forward to hanging out with mom and learning a bit about how to be a grandma from one of the best around.

I have not yet heard back from our All Recipes contest winner - it will be at least Sunday before I check back in though as mom only has dial-up service. Hope everyone has a great week! I plan to!

Comments

  1. I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your mom the best....
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayers. Right after I made this post on Wednesday morning my mom called me from the doctor's office...we were planning to meet there so my husband could drop me off (having only one car is a pain). Anyway, to make a long story short, she drove herself to the doctor (a 45 minute drive) sick with a bad headache and dry heaves. The doctor wouldn't let her leave until almost 2pm and she had to have a driver - good thing I was already planning to do just that. Anyway, the blood test she got there showed that she had carbon monoxide poisoning - her furnace is not working properly. We found this out today (Monday). Scary stuff...this certainly could have been fatal....what next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts