MPM - Dec 13, 2010



Winter is on! Woke up Sunday morning to strong winds and drifting snow. With winter comes winterizing the house. This weekend we picked up some plastic to cover some of the windows and two of those Twin Draft Guards for our doors. Since we live in an older home, I knew we would have to deal with a drafty house, but I wasn’t expecting it to be this drafty. It wasn’t hard to figure out which windows need covering with the blast of cold wind we have had this weekend. Do you cover your windows to save on the heating bill?

In addition to winterizing the house, this week I am winterizing our menu plan! I am including some of our favorite soups as well as a new recipe for Hearty Beef Chili from DiabeticLiving.com so I can use up the left over beef steak strips from Beef and Broccoli a few weeks ago.

Since Christmas is coming soon and I am working both Christmas eve and Christmas day, I decided to take this coming weekend off from traveling anywhere. I normally do all my running on Friday’s including doctor appts., shopping, bill paying, etc. So my plans are to stay at home and have some fun for a change- I plan to spend some quality time with my hubby, do some cooking and cleaning, and play some Sims 3.

Here is our menu for the week of December 13 - 19

Monday - Curried Cider Pork Stew (an October Family Favorite)
Tuesday - Guys On Your Own (probably frozen pizza or leftovers)
Wednesday - Hearty Beef Chili
Thursday - Chicken Florentine Skillet (from Nov 15th MPM - we loved it)
Friday - Real Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Egg Noodles
Saturday - Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Tex Mex Chicken Tacos
Sunday - Left Overs

Comments

  1. Your menu looks great, especially the chicken florentine skillet. I love that you post your family favorites, that is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! thanks for the photography advice! I had already downloaded GIMP, but I still haven't tried it! I was trying to avoid spending money, since I was banking on the editing software that came with camera to be user friendly:S! yikes! I guess if I have to get used to working with something new, it may as well be the free one (though I am really lusting after photoshop...even elements!)! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts