Kitchen Clutter - Goals and Ideas

I haven't talked much about clutter lately, so I probably should mention my kitchen clutter problem. Kitchen clutter is making me unhappy. We moved into a decent sized house but my kitchen lacks storage and counter space. We are planning to move in March or April again because our basement is full of mold and its killing my sinuses - so anything I decide to do in the mean time must be temporary and easily moveable.

Before I can add a furniture option to the mix though, I need to declutter my kitchen - I need to sort through all my spices, appliances, and general kitchen junk!  My goal for December is to reduce the clutter and rearrange my kitchen. So stay tuned for future declutter posts! For now, I am looking for inspirational ideas - ways to motivate this old girl into getting it done!

Here are a few ideas I already have in mind:

I really like these moveable storage ideas - anything that rolls will fit my kitchen nicely. We have a portable dishwasher so things left in the middle of the kitchen must move around easily to accommodate the portable dishwasher.


This would be an ideal item to place along the wall between my stove and my pantry. Currently I have all my spices and cooking oils etc on a shelf - it really looks like a big cluster mess. Whatever we place in this spot though, must have an open bottom as there is a floor vent right there. My onions and potatoes are currently stored just above the vent - not good.

I also would love to find something to hold my veggies in...I found this fruit rack at walmart.com. It's nice, but not exactly what I would like. I like the idea of using baskets for my potatoes and onions but I am not sure I like the openness of the fruit rack.

Anyway, what storage options do you use in your kitchen? I could use all the ideas I can get!


Comments

Popular Posts