Grocery University Practice

I recently cashed in on a super Cyber Monday deal at Grocery University. I finished listening to the audio files this evening and decided to do some beginning practice. I don't currently have the money to do the shopping, but if I were going to shop - I would visit Gerbes (Kroger) this week - and here is what I would buy:

Mega Event Best Deals
Items in this section require you to purchase 10 participating items to receive the price listed.

Bumble Bee Tuna Pouches - 49⊄
55⊄/1 SS 9/12
Final Price -  Free!

Krusteaz Bakery Style Cookie Mix - 99⊄
$1/1 SS 10/10
Final Price - Free!

Carnation Evaporated Milk - 49⊄
50⊄/2 RP 11/14
Final Price - 25⊄ ea

Sale + Coupon Matches

BC Hamburger Helper - 10 for $10
Use 3 - .75/3 - SS 11/7 or
.75/3 printable here
Final Price - 10 for $7.00 or 70⊄ ea

Nabisco Ritz Crackers - $1.99 ea
$1/1 - SS 11/14
Final Price - 99⊄ ea

Era Laundry Detergent - $3.99
$1/1 P&G 11/28
Final Price - $2.99 ea

Bar-S Franks - 4/$5
Use 2 Printable - $1/2 here
Final Price - 4/$3.00 or 75⊄ ea



FYI - I shop in Columbia, MO so my Gerbes/Kroger store deals are for that area and all require the use of a member card for Gerbes/Kroger. Also, there were many other deals in the paper, those above were just the best ones I found. You can view your local sale items here.

If you have the extra cash and are looking for a way to cut your grocery bill down, Grocery University is a great tool to help you get started. Most of the things Carrie introduces I was already doing, but I did learn quite a bit. I learned that I have a small advantage over most - I work for our local newspaper and I get my weekly papers for free - so my inserts don't cost me any extra, unless I want multiples. This allows me to have a sneak peak at the coupons before I decide to buy any extra papers. I currently do not have a food budget - and over the last few months I have been spoiled by free food at Gerbes through their Pharmacy Rewards program. I have $150 in free groceries coming in December yet (just 2 more scripts to go), so when January starts, I really will need all I learned from Grocery University to make food more affordable.

My goal over the next few months is to utilize what I learned and bring my grocery bill as low as I can. It would also be nice to get a lot more groceries for my free $150 Pharmacy Reward.  Last time I got Pharmacy Rewards it was $100 - between that and coupons I managed to walk out of Gerbes with just over $150 in groceries for under $5 - not bad for a beginner, eh.

I plan to keep writing more of these grocery deal posts. Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts