Menu Plan Monday - 11-1-2010

Click image to visit Orgjunkie.com and find more great menus!

Our menu this week:

Monday - Mushroom and Beefy Noodle
Tuesday - Spinach and Beef Lasagna
Wednesday - Creamy Basil Chicken
Thursday - Chicken and Wild Rice Chowder
Friday - Left Overs
Saturday - Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash
Sunday - Breakfast for Lunch

Recipe from EatingWell.com

Mealtime Traditions

When I was a kid growing up, we always ate our evening meals together around the kitchen table.We spent time chatting about the day and hanging out as a family. I remember my brother sitting in his high chair at dinner, falling asleep with his face landing in his mashed potatoes. Mom was a miracle worker with dinner time too. She could turn a measly $40 into a weeks worth of delicious and healthy meals.

Today, with my husband attending school during the day and myself working evenings, meals just don't end up being eaten together. Instead, I cook the evening meals before I leave for work (so I can take some in my lunch) and the guys eat when they feel like it. My husband and son are the only ones home in the evenings so they pretty much do as they please. When weekend comes though, I do try to work out a way for us to all sit together and eat. Its during those times that we chat about our week (instead of our day).

Do you have strange work hours? How do you deal with non-traditional dinner time in your home? What traditions are you having to adjust to fit your busy life?

Comments

Popular Posts