Menu Plan Monday - 11-8-2010


Last week I showed an amazing photo of Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash. I made this on Saturday and it was so delicious! The actual recipe called for 3 acorn squash but I only had 2. I stuffed the entire mixture into 4 halves instead of 6 halves and it worked out fine. My hubby, daughter, and son-in-law were very skeptical at first but once they started eating they loved it. If you get the chance, definitely try this recipe out - especially now when winter squash are in season and on sale!

This week I let my daughter pick out three recipes from a huge stack of recipe cards given to be by my mother-in-law. She chose three fairly easy to make Betty Crocker recipes. Our family loves to try new recipes and lately I have been finding some great ones. I hope these three turn out as delicious as they appear on the cards. Anyway, here is my menu plan for this week.

Monday - Left Over Potato Soup
Tuesday - Lemon Apricot Chicken, Strawberry Spinich Salad, Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Wednesday - Grilled Pork Chops with Maple-Apple Glaze, Garden Vegetable Medley, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Teriyaki-Sesame-Chicken Wraps and Apple-Walnut Salad
Friday - Take-out Pizza
Saturday - Trip to St. Louis to introduce Avah, my granddaughter, to hubby’s relatives!
Sunday - Easy Chicken and Rice Divan

Thanks for visiting The Shambled Shack, I hope you have a wonderful week! Be sure to visit orgjunkie.com for more great menu plans!

Comments

  1. Yum! Sounds like a good comfort food week. Lemon Apricot chicken sounds great. That's a good idea to let the kids pick a few meals from recipe cards.. I'll have to try that! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts