Wii Fit Fridays

I recently purchased a Wii and the Wii Fit Plus game specifically for its exercise benefits. For the most part, I and most of my immediate family members, are way to sedentary.  We spend hours in front of the computers, of which we own 3, or in front of some sort of game system or television. I have never been really good at sports and I am super self conscious about exercising in front of strangers. Not sure why that is, but I am sure I need some sort of counseling. Really.



Anyway, several years ago I bought a year long family membership to the local activity and recreation center, or ARC for short. The kids loved it for swimming but I really wanted to use the gym. I never hit the gym...but I did make use of the water aerobics class, a few times. It was fun, I loved the water and I would really love to do something like that on a consistent basis. I just really hate doing it alone.


My workplace has a gym - there are basket ball goals and lots of exercise equipment down there. I tried out the treadmill, once.... It was awful! I was on the lowest setting and walked for 15 minutes - I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die! Seriously. It was then that I realized, I needed something even more low-impact than that to get my butt moving - and I didn’t want to do it in front of people I barely know...so workplace and public gyms were not for me.


For the last year or so, my husband and I have discussed buying a new video game system. We decided in the last 3 months that the time was coming soon because our XBox 360 keeps red-ringing. I expressed my interest in the Wii after we spent a weekend at Lost Valley Lake Resort where we got to experience the fun of playing on a Wii with the entire family. It was a blast. We spent most of the time bowling. Crazy isn’t it...we go hours away for a mini-vacation to spend it in front of a darned TV playing video games! Can you believe it? I did manage to get my hubby in the pool...we had fun there. I raced him the length of the pool...and lost of course. But it really got my heart pumping. The kids went swimming in the pool and the lake - they had a great time too... Long story short, last week my husband surprised me with the green light on buying the Wii and Wii Fit Plus! 


I really want to share with my blog readers, my experience using the Wii and Wii Fit Plus, because I really love it! And, I really need to get over my shyness about working out in public because one day I will need something stronger than the Wii Fit and will need to start workingout at the gym. So I am gonna share my stats and routines on a weekly blog post beginning on Fridays - Wii Fit Friday posts.


Wii Fit Friday posts will include my weekly weight check-in and routines, my current goals and progress toward my goals. I will attempt to add a calorie count and I would love it if others with a Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus would join me. My Friday post will also include a Mr. Linky so you can share your Wii Fit successes too! I hope you will join me on my journey to a healthier me!

Comments

Popular Posts