Shakin up the Shambled Shack with Character Cakes

I have an annoucement that I am excited to make. After discussing it with my husband, I am going to start making character cakes as part of my hobby. Every two weeks, coinciding with my paydays, I will be utilizing those 40% off coupons for Hobby Lobby and/or Michael's to purchase a different Wilton's Character Cake pan. And I am planning to share the whole experience right here on Shambled Shack in what I am going call "Character Cake" posts. I will document the entire experience and share it right here. I am so excited I can hardly wait for next payday! Since my work week begins on Sunday and ends on Thursday, I will have Friday and Saturdays to bake and decorate the cakes. I have no idea which pan to select first! I have so many great nephews and only one step-niece to make cakes for...so I will probably start with pans geared more toward boys. If you have any suggestions on where to start, feel free to share them!

It is my goal to own all of the character pans and to get much better at controlling my squeeze on that icing bag. I think this will make a huge difference. If any of you have ever purchased a character cake from a bakery or whatever, I would love to know roughly how much to charge for my cakes - once I get better at bag control. Anyway, for now I am totally excited. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts