And just where have you been young lady?

Where has the time gone! I have been so busy lately that I have totally neglected my blog! I really enjoy writing this thing, but if only there were a few more hours in the day....  So here's where I am now and how I got there....

In March I threw a baby shower for my daughter. I spent a few days at my mom's, where the shower took place. I really enjoyed spending time with my mom. We worked together to make the shower happen. I made two cakes for the shower - a diaper cake and an edible shower cake... Christie, my daughter, got lots of wonderful gifts and we all had a grand time. I learned that I can decorate cakes pretty well when I set my mind to it. The first two photos below are the cakes and then I added a three detailed shots of the edible cake. It was quite fun but tons of work.


In April we moved to a house....yes folks....a real house with no walls sharing with a neighbor. We also moved to a new town.  I have an awesome front porch and an amazing back deck - still working on decorating. The inside of the house is a design nightmare with a pink flowered wall on one end of the living/dining area and a solid green wall on the other. This is split up by off-white walls with blue flowery wallpaper going up half the walls. Ugh...I know.  She did say we could change it but since we are only planning to be in the house long enough for Stephen, my husband, to complete an associate's degree we can't really justify spending the extra money to change it. So I am stuck with it.  It grows on you though....

I spent May and June getting used to the new house and the new town as well as unpacking and preparing for the family reunion that I hosted in June. I really enjoyed the family reunion this year but hosting it is a huge chore with so many responsibilities... I really think that the hosting of it should be more of a shared effort and not just one person's job. It's just too much. Besides that, I really suck at managing my own finances... one of the things I need to learn to get control of....so hosting and trying to budget for the reunion is a very difficult task for me - if it were a shared effort though, I think it would be easier on everyone and more enjoyable for everyone. I'd love to hear how your family deals with planning reunions?

In July I officially became a grandma. Avah Marie was born on July 8th at 3:55 a.m. She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz. and was 21 inches long.Below are a few of my favorite photos of my little angel. She has sooo much hair!

My daughter's husband happened to be stuck in St. Louis when Avah was born so I got to be the lucky one to help bring her into the world. It was an amazing experience and I will always be thankful to my daughter for the opportunity. My daughter and her little family came home and spent the first week staying at my house. I miss them terribly now and can't wait for their next visit. They have a tough road ahead - her husband just got a job this past week and had orientation on Thursday. They are staying with my sister for the time being until things come together for them financially - and it will. Starting out is tough these days.

I did such a great job with the baby shower cake my nieces asked me to make birthday cakes for  my great nephews birthday party. My niece, Lena, lives in Wichita and her sister here in Missouri. So they planned a birthday party for their boys at the beginning of August at their Dad's house. Last night, my friend, Sarah, came up and helped me with decorating the cakes. We made an Incredible Hulk cake and a Bakugan cake. I get to deliver them this afternoon. Here they are in all their wonderful glory!


I hope the boys like them...

Anyway...now your up to speed to where I am and where I have been the last few months.... It is my goal to keep blogging and sharing...so I hope you will forgive me for my absence and bare with me as I get back into the blogging scene. I have really missed it!

Comments

Popular Posts