Recipe Review

Recipe: Quick Homemade Breadsticks by Tiffany

In my meal plan this week, I mentioned bread sticks to go with Spaghetti on Monday. Since my food budget was tight and I knew I had more than enough ingredients to make them from scratch I set out on a search to find a great bread stick recipe that didn't take long to throw together - and I found one! The recipe was posted on another blog, The Homemaking Helper. I was a little unsure about using the recipe as I rarely make any bread type recipes by hand - I usually use the bread machine to do all my mixing and kneeding. Short on time though, I trusted Tiffany and went to work making my sticks!

Much to my surprise, these breadsticks turned out spectacular. When I pulled them from the oven my nose was happy and my mouth was drooling! I was so happy they turned out great that I couldn't wait for my hubby to get home and taste them. I ate 2 with my lunch and I put 3 of them, still warm, in my lunch bag for work that evening. This recipe makes a huge batch - I was sure to have some leftovers to warm for Wednesday's Broccoli Chicken Alfredo dinner. Turns out I ended up having to make another entire batch - my husband and son loved them so much they ate the entire pan minus the ones I had.

Be sure to read the comments on Tiffany's post as there are some great tips listed that I used.. Below are a few of my own tips that I also recommend.

Tips:
  • For lower fat leave out the oil (I did it accidentally and they still turned out perfectly yummy)
  • If you have time, roll the dough firmly on the counter to give a rounded stick like appearance.
  • Add some cheese and/or diced jalapenos to the mix for a change of flavor!

Thank you Tiffany, for a superior bread stick recipe that is not only easy to make BY HAND EVEN, but also quite delicious.


    SUPPORT TIFFANY AND VISIT HER BLOG
     

    Comments

    Popular Posts