Area 51 - The Bigger Picture

First...I want to start with sharing photographs of my "Shambled Shack" so everyone can see where I am starting. I am posting images of our computer room (bedroom1), living room, dining room, and kitchen. It really isn't as bad as one might think. When we moved the last time it was an unplanned move so I wasn't able to go through anything before shoving it in a van and hauling it over. I probably threw away a ton of things when we moved but not nearly enough. Anyway, here is your personal tour through our "Area 51".

The first room I will share is the computer room:



As you can see, the computer room will be quite a challenge...I think we own enough computer stuff to open our own IT department! Wires, cards, monitors, boxes and boxes of disks and junk....tons of junk. I just need to let it all go!

Our next room is the Entryway - its not as bad and I forsee it being my favorite area to keep clean as it is so small and should only take 10 minutes tops!



See...not so bad...

And next is the living room...this is gonna be fun :{





Ok...I am beginning to feel really embarrassed now...but here goes the dining room...



My dining room doubles as a clutter collector and laundry sorting area.... We never eat at the dining table and I really want to throw away that old cat scratching post(recliner) although I think my cats will cry if I do...

Moving on...the kitchen and pantry:





The kitchen is one room I have been continuously working on...a few weeks ago I wiped everything down, cleaned the bar area, wiped out the pantry and threw away a bunch of stuff, cleaned the fridge...etc. Yesterday I was tag teaming the piled up dishes with my son and found that someone had splashed Kool-aide all over the wall, cabinet and counter and they never bothered to clean it up...its frustrating...I work all week and then find this...why can't people clean up after themselves even a little bit?

Anyway, as you can see, I have my work cut out for me...and you haven't even seen the other two bedrooms or the two bathrooms yet...stay tuned for those to come soon.

The Links

Decluttering
heart4home.com
unclutterer.com blog post
Flylady's Declutter Lessons

Comments

Popular Posts