Restaurant Review - COMO Smoke & Fire Bar and Grill

It's been a while since I made a post on my Shambled Shack blog... but I am still here, lurking in the shadows... but mostly playing with my stamps, ink and papers over at Shack Scraps. Today though, I decided to pop in a give a restaurant review... cuz it seems, reviews are more popular than ever these days and my readers are just dying to hear what I think (haha).

Today my friend took me to eat at COMO Smoke & Fire Bar and Grill on Rt B just outside of Columbia, MO.  The smell from outside is FABULOUS!  I had high expectations....

But you know...high expectations usually means you are going to be disappointed.  And I was...

Maybe it was the rain...maybe it was my already crappy feeling... I really didn't feel very good. But here's what happened, you judge for yourself.

-2 We came in and were seated at a table near the entrance. First thing I noticed was the hard chairs... no cushions...very uncomfortable (added to my already uncomfortable feeling inside). I was also cold... and the door opening and closing didn't help matters though it wasn't THAT cold out - I have a thyroid issue so its hard to regulate temperature.

+1  We ordered our Mountain Dew (oh yes...big plus we got our Dew fix!) Then we looked at menus. My friend ordered the pork steak meal and I had the loaded baked potato with brisket... sure to be delicious I told myself.

+1 Shortly later, my friend let the waiter know we were going to move to the rustic looking picnic tables in a back corner - no problem. We moved and the seating was better. It was warmer and we had a good view of the nasty rain outside. Plus we had more privacy...which we both prefer.

-2 Food delivered - it looked FABULOUS! Why the negative two points you ask? My first bite and my brisket was COLD! My baked potato wasn't even hot enough to melt the cheese.... add that to my already negative feelings about the place and my lack of healthy feeling and I was bummed. I was hoping food would make me feel better...not worse. My friend tried a bite and agreed wholeheartedly.

+1 My friend went to let the waiter know that we were in need of drink and that we had an issue with my food. The waiter immediately apologized and took the food back to the kitchen to replace it with new. He was a very decent and likable fellow. Brought our drinks back fairly quickly.

-4 New food brought out... the potato was slightly warmer than before but the brisket was still COLD... Cheese did not melt. I was bummed again. I resolved to take it home in a to-go box and microwave it to my liking later on at work.

+2 Waiter brought me a to-go box and apologized again... he said wouldn't charge us for my plate since I wasn't satisfied. My friends food was fairly decent... he enjoyed his pork steak though he said it could have been bigger (he LOVES to eat though and to me his portion was HUGE). His potato was not steaming but it was warm enough to his satisfaction. The baked beans though...too spicy and not very tasty... my friend said it tasted like pork and beans with a bit of bbq sauce and pepper.

Overall...I would not return. The atmosphere was good, but the food was sadly lacking for the price. For the same price you can go to Cheddars and get stellar service and HOT GOOD food. I'd like to tell that waiter to go to Cheddars...he would make better tips.

Sorry COMO Smoke and Fire...your not my fav. When it comes to smoked meats and BBQ I will go anywhere else but there.

Comments

Popular Posts