Recipe Review: Eggplant Rollatini

Eggplant Rollatini recipe at Kraftfoods.com


I made this yesterday for dinner. I enjoyed it and my husband liked it enough to brag about it to his mom. So I suppose, in that aspect, it was a success. My son, however, does not like eggplant. I will give him credit, he did at the very least give it a shot. He liked the filling, but not the eggplant. He actually asked me to make it with pasta instead of eggplant. Anyway, children aside, I believe this recipe is a great healthy alternative for anyone watching their carbs. Eggplant is a great non-starchy vegetable that works quite well with marinara sauce and cheese. I am looking forward to cooking with eggplant in the future - and we may remake this recipe when I know my son is not gonna be home.

Changes or suggestions:
Make sure when you chop your fresh basil, chop it small. I left mine in rather large chunks and it really had a strong basil flavor. Also, while I realize cheese is a source of protein, I am not sure there is enough protein in this meal to not serve another "meat" with it. I served it with a green salad that included bits of pepperoni. I suppose you could "beef" up the cheese by adding an egg, like one does with lasagna, but since this was my first time making it, I decided to stick to the recipe as closely as possible.

If your interested in making this, be sure to visit the link above and watch the preparation video. Its totally helpful in making this dish.

Comments

Popular Posts