What I Learned This Week - 2.9.10 - 2.15.10


I have decided to join the carnival over at "Musings of a Housewife" and share with everyone what I have learned so far this week. I hope you learn something new with what I share and I hope that you join the carnival and share your learnings with everyone too! Look forward to reading your carnival posts and your comments!

This week I learned that you don't have to throw away expired manufacturers coupons. I was reading a post titled "Weekend Reading, 2/13/10" posted by Mandi over at Organizing Your Way. She posted a link to an article about What to do with Expired Coupons that was posted at Deal Seeking Mom.  Apparently, families that are stationed overseas can continue to use expired coupons for up to 6 months at commissaries so we should take all our coupons share them with those families. The article links to ways to share - such as websites that help you link up with families that would like coupons. I personally think this is a good thing as I really hate throwing away coupons. I also learned that stores here have 90 days to cash in those coupons, so don't feel bad about using an expired coupon at a self-checkout so long as its not past the 60 day expired mark - past that and you risk the store not getting reimbursed for giving you the discount. Maybe that's how all those pro-couponer's manage to get so much for so little.

On Sunday, my 17 yr old put my pyrex cake pan with a plastic lid on it into a preheated oven. The cake pan is ok but the lid is totally ruined. Amazing that a 17 yr old doesn't realize that plastic melts? I will never again take for granted that he knows simple things such as this.

I also learned that they make a purple Blackberry phone! We got a new one this weekend and its a bright purple one. Can't wait to take it shopping and access my Cozi store list via the Blackberry!


Well, that's about all I can think of for now...maybe I will have more for next Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Happy first 'what I learned' post. It's nice to meet you. Good luck with your couponing. X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the oven/plastic lid fiasco -- I often wonder at what age common sense is SUPPOSED to kick in. LOL and a PURPLE Blackberry?!! OOOOh love the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts