My Entry for the 28 Day Organization Challenge

Last night I was surfing the web, when I probably should have been cleaning, and I happened across a really cool Organizing Blog with a contest going on. First, here is the link to the blog and to the contest post:


Organizing Junkie Organizing Junkie

Now, on to the contest details!

During the month of February I have chosen to organize my computer room. I got a bit of a head start - not too much but just enough! I started the computer room by cleaning up my computer desk - it needed it badly (as does the rest of the room). Here are a few pics of major problem areas in my computer room:




Area51-Before Son's Desk and Printing Station Hubby's Desk Bookshelf More piles.... Piles of boxes and monitors The Closet


As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. The first area I worked on - my desk - is complete. I plan to follow up each section with a detailed informational post similar to this post. Any tips or advice for usage of space would be welcome! I have a few ideas of my own already.

My next section of this challenge will be my son's desk and printer area. Ideally, I would love to get his computer moved out of the computer room and into his room so I can use his desk as my sewing station - I got a new sewing machine for Christmas and its still sitting on my kitchen table. All of the computer monitors have to go...I am not even sure if any of them work. A long term goal of mine is to put all my fat monitors on diets. So far, we have slimmed down two - mine and my husbands. Next will be my son's monitor - but that will be later down the road as I have to save up the money.

This challenge should be lots of fun though. I have plans to visit Walmart for some storage bins for my closet as well as the blue shelf. I would really like to take that shelf and give it a new finish. That is something I have never done before and I am not sure where to start there. I think I would need a sander to remove the paint and I would most certainly want to give it an oak stain then add black wooden cubes or plastic baskets and tubs for storage. Not sure I can con my husband into helping me with something along these lines though...I am gonna give it a try.

I also need new window treatments. My blinds are falling apart thanks to that lovely kitty you saw who was totally embarrassed to be in that photo with the big mess! Window treatment ideas would be great. My mind has a thousand thoughts a minute when it comes to organizing which is why it takes so long for me to get started. As a perfectionist, overcoming the how and just getting to the action part is tough - it means commitment and I am not much into committing - ask my husband who thankfully waited a full 7 years for our wedding!

Well, I am off to find storage items for the challenge! See round "The Shack"!

Comments

  1. Good luck with the organizing challenge! I'm also participating and documenting the experience along the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, your closet bears a close resemblance to part of my basement! Cousins maybe? Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts