It's a new week and a new menu plan! You will notice there are a few repeats on our menu plan this week. It's because my family found a new favorite recipe - Ground Turkey Casserole posted on http://allrecipes.com by Beki. It's a delicious recipe that tastes a lot like lasagna but so much simpler to make.

Since money is tight, I took this recipe and altered it just a bit so as to get two pans of casserole so I could freeze one. Since I was out of egg noodles, I used 16 oz of shell pasta. I also cut out the added sugar and added about a half cup of zesty spaghetti sauce and one can of Italian stewed tomatoes (the kind with olive oil and basil added) since I had more than 12 ounces of pasta. Then I added a can of sweet green peas (but you can add any kind of veggie you want). I did stick to only one pound of turkey though, as I wanted to make it stretch. I doubled the sour cream and cream cheese and split 2 cups of cheddar cheese between the two pans. I froze one and baked one. I had to tell the guys they couldn't bake the frozen one as they wanted more!

If you get a chance, I highly recommend you go play around with Beki's recipe. It's a real winner!

Here's our menu for this week:

Monday
Fried Chicken Salad and Breadsticks
Tuesday 
California Chicken Casserole, Canned Apricots and Warm Dinner Rolls
Wednesday
Ground Turkey Casserole and Garlic French Bread
Thursday
Turkey Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese, and Raw Veggie Sticks
Friday
Baked Potato Bar 
toppings include chili, broccoli and cheddar cheese soup, 
green onions, sour cream, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, etc
 Saturday
Date Night - We're going out for Valentines!
Sunday
Ground Turkey Casserole & Garlic French Bread

Comments

  1. Fried chicken salad sounds yummy. Baked potato bar sounds like fun, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fried chicken salad was amazing! That's another one we will have to do more often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts