Crock Pot Wednesday

Crock Pot Wednesday
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew

Today I am joining the Crock Pot Wednesday group over at Dining with Debbie. I am sharing with you a brand new recipe that I found on AllRecipes.com. Later today I plan to make "Mom's Baking Powder Biscuits" to replace the missing crust for a whole Pot Pie effect. When I leave for work later I plan to take some for myself as well as my co-worker, Bee. She enjoys trying new foods and I love sharing my cooking with her.



It was submitted to All Recipes by GourmetSoy and the awesome recipe photo was shared by Chef  Joy. I am looking forward to this recipe mainly because I love Chicken Pot Pies and I hope my results are as yummy looking as Chef Joy's photo makes this recipe look!

Ingrediets: 
4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
10 medium red potatoes, quartered
1 (8 ounce) package of baby carrots
1 cup chopped celery
2 (26 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
6 cubes chicken bullion
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp celery salt
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 (16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies

(The striked through ingredients are ones you may want to adjust or leave out all together. I made mine today using only 1 tsp of black pepper and it was way way way to spicy - I would say a dash of pepper is enough unless you enjoy your mouth being on fire. I toned mine down with sour cream and my mouth still was very warm. I am not certain if it was the pepper or the bullion that did it.)

Directions:
1. Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken soup, chicken bullion, garlic salt, celery salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker; cook on high for 5 hours.

2. Stir the frozen mixed vegetables into the slow cooker and cook 1 hour more.

I never use a recipe just as it is - I always make adjustments or, what I like to call, corrections. For my family, 4 chicken breast halves are just too much chicken. Most of the breasts I get are rather large so I cut that down by half to only two chicken breasts. I also did not buy canned soup - I made my own from scratch and I used baby yellow potatoes with the skins left on instead of red ones. In addition, since I started this just before I laid down for the night (my night anyway) I do not plan to get back up in 5 hours to attend to it. So I will add canned mixed veggies, instead of frozen, when I get up around noon or 1 pm which will be about 6 to 7  hours after I started it. At that point I will also make my biscuits and when they finish baking my canned veggies should be warmed fully.

 Here are a few photos of my prepared ingredients - including my cream soup base.




CrockPotWednesday-ChickenPotPie 004 CrockPotWednesday-ChickenPotPie 002
CrockPotWednesday-ChickenPotPie 001 CrockPotWednesday-ChickenPotPie 003


If you decide to try this recipe, please stop in and let me know how you liked it. I love to read comments and love to share recipe alterations! Also, if you want to try some other great recipes, visit Dining for Debbie's Crock Pot Wednesday page for tons more. Thanks for reading my post!

Comments

Popular Posts